These vegan pumpkin pancakes will put you right in the cozy, fall spirit!
Better yet, today’s recipe is a 2-for-1…
Go with the original vegan pumpkin pancakes if you’re looking for that classic fall, pumpkin spice flavor. Or, you can go bold with the chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes if you want more indulgence!
Both are moist, fluffy, and fabulous dunked into maple syrup. You’ll be making these for breakfast all season long!
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes - 2 Ways!
Cuisine American Category Breakfast Holidays Vegan Recipes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pinch each ground cloves and nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- For chocolate chip pancakes, add 1/3 cup non-dairy, semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar; set aside 5 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg
- To the milk mixture, add vanilla and maple syrup
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir to combine into a batter (don't over-mix)
- Gently fold in the pumpkin purée and optional chocolate chips, if using
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat. For large pancakes, use a 1/2 cup measure to scoop batter; for medium pancakes, use a 1/3 cup measure. Scoop batter and pour into hot skillet.
- Cook pancake on first side about 2 minutes until edges start to dry and there are bubbles on top. Flip w/ spatula and cook additional 1-2 minutes on second side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes w/ side of maple syrup to dip (tip: use a shot glass!)
- Note: See video for more detailed method if desired