A childhood comfort food classic, this vegan grilled cheese and tomato soup is indulgent and satisfying for grown ups, too!
Featuring melty, vegan cheddar and smoked provolone sandwiched in crispy, garlic sourdough bread.
All you need to do is dip your grilled cheese in this easy, creamy vegan tomato soup and enjoy every last bite.
I dare you not to roll your eyes back!
Vegan Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
- Creamy Vegan Tomato Basil Soup:
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 medium carrot OR 6 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth OR 1/4 cup water + 1 tsp. vegetable bouillon
- 2 (14-oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk OR oat milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 slices vegan cheese (recommended: 1 slice each vegan cheddar and smoked provolone; "Good Planet Foods" brand from Aldi)
- See video for method.