This yummy rainbow salad is as nutritious as it is colorful!
Packed with kale, red cabbage, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, beets, carrots, green beans, and corn, this rainbow salad recipe is vegan, oil-free, gluten-free and loaded with fresh, juicy flavor.
Rainbow Salad – Oil-Free Vegan Salad Recipe
- 1/3 bunch kale (about 3 large leaves)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1 (3-inch) piece cucumber, diced
- 1/4 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 medium carrot, diced or grated
- 1 large or 2 small cooked beets, diced
- 1/3 can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Tear the kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Rinse well and drain.
- Add 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and massage the kale leaves 30 seconds until slightly softened; they will look like smaller.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and season with dry basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Finish with 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar.
- Toss well and serve.