I used to save curry for special occasions, thinking that I needed a long time and a ton of ingredients to do it justice. That is, until I stumbled on this Vegan Falafel Curry recipe by Elephantastic Vegan. This recipe didn’t require so much as a chopped onion; just tomato sauce, coconut milk, and a few seasonings.
I adapted the recipe for my own purposes and just eyeball the ingredients, but feel free to start with the measurements I suggest below. It comes together really quickly if you have some prepped vegetables around. My kind of recipe!
Here’s a quick video showing you an easy lunch or dinner idea if you already have cooked vegetables and rice on hand.
- 1/2 can plain tomato sauce
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Curry powder (about 1 tsp.)
- Garlic powder (about 1/2 tsp.)
- Ginger powder (about 1/2 tsp.)
- Onion powder (about 1/4 tsp.)
- Cayenne pepper, optional (to taste)
- Salt, to taste
- Water, to desired consistency
- Cooked vegetables of choice (such as diced potatoes, cauliflower, green beans)
- Rice, to serve
- Simmer tomato sauce, coconut milk, seasonings, and salt in a large skillet.
- Add your vegetables and water, to desired consistency. Cook 2-3 minutes until heated throughout.
- Serve over rice.
Notes: Inspired by Vegan Falafel Curry recipe by Elephantastic Vegan.